Monday, January 22, 2007

MONDAY HIP-HOP HEADLINES

Hollywood's Biggest Star use there star power to counterattack the

negative images depicted in Blood Diamond that stars Leonardo

DiCaprio's . Celebrities partaking in the multi million dollar campaign-

titled Raise Your Right Hand= include Beyonce and Jennifer Lopez who

were flaunting their precious stone for the camera at last week's

Golden Globe. The two agreed to wear the diamonds rings on there

right hand for a promise from the diamond industry to donate $ 10,000

each to the African charity of there choice. Apparently the sales weren't

affected by the movie, Debeer is expected to release it's annual report

next month and early indication suggest increase in sale in America

after the movies release.

"But the movie has provoked bitterness between the industry and

pressure groups, who say the Raise Your Right Hand initiative has

distasteful echoes of Sierra Leone's civil war, in which rebels used

amputation to terrorise civilians. "It's rather disgusting if you think

about Sierra Leone and the hands that got hacked off there," said Alex

Yearsley, campaigner for Global Witness. "It's an attempt to hit back at

the film. You can imagine the PR campaign that came up with it. But

the industry didn't do much for the Sierra Leonean women with no right hand when all this was going on.""

But still Africans only receive bloodshed and civil wars.

Nick Dearden, campaigns manager for Amnesty International, said: "If you look at the big diamond areas of Sierra Leone, of Congo, they still have no electricity, no running water, no paved roads. If you look at the whole picture, Africans have not"

Talking about Star Power Russia is considering Maddonna wishes to fly tothe International Space Station.“Considering the broadcasting possibilities, this could make quite a serious event scheduled for the year when elections are held both in Russia and the U.S.,” Alexei Mitrofanov of the Liberal Democratic party said said.
Maddona 's Quest
Will Smith critically acclaimed role of Chris Gardner in the Pursuit of Happyness will be followed by the Disney film of Salome Thomas- El, a well-known middle school principal and school board member in Philadelphia. The movie is base on I Choose To Stay: A Black Teacher Refuses to Desert the Inner City an autobiography written By El."I'm trying to get young people to understand that they have to try to give to the community because the community gave to us," Thomas El told AllHipHop.com. "At some point the community supported us or our parents so that we could be in the position where we are."
Snoop Doggs joins 9 Squared, Inc. in a venture to give fans the chance to receive personal and promotional text messages from Snoops personal phone.
Other feature celebrity message senders include hip hop star Xzibit, Andy Milonakis of MTV, John Salley of "The Best Damn Sports Show Period."
http://www.rapnews.net/0-202-262307-00.html?tag=rss

Led by the alley hoop from Snoop on " I wanna love you" and the Eminem assisted "Smack that" Akon is certified Platinum by the RIAA after only five weeks on Bill Board.His upcoming projects include Usher's boy band One Chance, the King and Queen of pop Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston. Also the much anticipated collabo with Young Jeezy .

Lil Wayne is being sued by 2 party promoters who alleged the rapper cost them $ 200,000 in lost revenue. Even though he returned the intial $ 15,000 deposit he received for the performance the company,Nunoise Ent. and Jahfari Promotion are seeking $ 45,000 in actual damages. The motion was filed on Friday in Miami-Dade County claims Wayne was fail to comply to a reschedule appearance.“He admitted he missed a date, and he was supposed to make it up,” said Marlowe Blake, attorney for the promoters of Wayne. “It’s a simple breach of contract type of matter.”

Talking about contracts it appears Styles P decided it best to leave Interscope this is what he had to tell MTV about whats going on in the world of The Ghost.

"I'm off of Ruff Ryders and Interscope," he explained. "I'm still there as the LOX, but as a soloist, Styles P, I'm gone. I give it a smile. I get to do a lot of work. I get to let loose...

"I'll be critical of myself. Maybe I was real anal on my project as an artist," he said of his recently released Time Is Money. He did say he was upset that Ruff Ryders/ Interscope didn't give him a single or video to support the project's release, and the LP was pushed back several times over an almost three-year period. "I don't just handle my project as an artist. I'mma try to handle it as a CEO, a businessman.

"I guess it's hard to market me," he continued. "I may rap one way one day and make 'I'm Black,' then another way another day and make 'Favorite Drug.' I had to spread my wings and do what I do. You can look to hear from me hard in March or April. I will be right back. I haven't thought of an album title yet. I'm still smoking and pondering on it. But I'm the Phantom now; the Ghost is over with. If you're my friend, you can call me the Ghost. But as far as MCing … and don't call me a rapper no more. Call me an MC." ...

"There's a lot of people hollering right now," he added about where he might land a new record deal. "But to tell you the truth, I don't even want to speak to anybody in the majors until I speak to everybody independent. I don't even know if I will speak to any of the majors. ... Then again I will, just because there's some people I respect. I've been through a lot of ups and downs. I want to get properly paid for my work. I think I'm too street for them to ever put me on a high industry pedestal. I don't see that coming. I get respect 'cause I'm a made man, because of the work I do."

Style P Interviewed By
Eskhay from Nah righ
Kool G Rap interview

No comments: